Talent RISE Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to the Talent RISE Foundation Ltd and all references to “Talent RISE”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this document are references to the Talent RISE Foundation Ltd.
In the UK Talent RISE currently operates as part of Talent International UK Ltd. Talent International’s UK Privacy notice can be found here.
Protecting your privacy is important
Talent RISE understands that your personal information is important to you and is committed to protecting your privacy. Talent RISE is guided by the Australian Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 and other applicable laws governing privacy. Where appropriate, Talent RISE will handle personal information relying on the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and any other applicable exemptions in other legislation.
Information we collect about you
Talent RISE generally collects some or all of the following personal information about you when you access our web site, submit a resume for our consideration or when you are in contact with a Talent RISE representative
- your name including any use of a pseudonym;
- your address and contact details;
- your employment history;
- referee opinions;
- interview opinions; and
- any other information that you have supplied on your resume or in communications with a Talent RISE representative.
How we obtain your personal information
We obtain most of your personal information directly from you, for example:
- when you access our site;
- when you submit your resume to us; and
- each time you communicate with a Talent RISE representative (by phone, fax, email or in person).
- We also collect some of your personal information from third parties including:
- reference checks with referees; and
- networking with your peers.
Why we collect your personal information
Talent RISE collects personal information about you to carry out its business functions and fulfill its obligations to you, including in relation to:
- determining if you are suitable for a position;
- contacting you if a position becomes available that you may be interested in;
- submitting your details to a client for a potential position;
- notifying clients of your skills and availability for any future positions;
- complying with government legislation; and
- marketing activity
- inform you of work opportunities or other events such as training or information sessions
- providing you with the opportunity to obtain benefits through direct marketing (however you will always be given an opt-out option in relation to further direct marketing).
In addition, Talent RISE may occasionally be required by law to collect, use and disclose your personal information, for example in order to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- prospective employers or entities seeking to fulfil contract positions (this may also include your buy rate if Talent RISE is operating under a preferred supplier agreement);
- staff of the departments responsible for administering the processes described above;
- third parties such as agency partners for the purpose of direct and indirect marketing
- partners or suppliers for the purpose of research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
- related bodies corporate and third parties for the administration and provision of selected benefits and services (eg: training and superannuation); and
Your personal information may be transferred overseas, for the purposes and processes described above (for example, submitting your resume for an international position). The following link has a list of countries where your personal data may be sent to & stored. Country List
We do send information overseas
How to access, correct or update your personal information
Talent RISE relies on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us.
To the extent authorised by the Privacy Act and other applicable laws, you can access and amend your personal information held by Talent RISE.
If you wish to request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Talent RISE, you should contact the Privacy Inquiry Service (contact details below).
Security of your personal information
Talent RISE will take reasonable steps to ensure that we hold your personal information in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for approved business purposes.
However, no data transmission across the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us across the internet. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Privacy Inquiry Service
Please contact the Privacy Inquiry Service (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to:
- request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Talent RISE;
- inquire generally about your privacy rights and obligations;
- provide suggestions or feedback in respect Talent RISE’ handling of personal information;
- or make a complaint in relation to Talent RISE’ handling of your personal information.