Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
It’s in our DNA to connect young people with meaningful career opportunities in New Zealand. The Talent RISE team are here to make an impact to the community through mentoring, social, life skills and work experience workshops as well as training and employment opportunities.
Our kaupapa (purpose) is empowering rangatahi and one way we achieve this is by delivering our employability skills strength-based readiness to work program – Rangatahi Mahere Whakapakari Mahi utilising Te kotahitanga (EFP) we create opportunities for our rangatahi to actively participate and engage in their learning this promotes positive youth development outcomes.
The underlying principles of our program modelled from the Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa where Talent RISE understand that:
- Youth development is shaped by the ‘big picture’
- Youth development is about keeping young people connected
- Youth development is based on a consistent strengths-based approach
- Youth development happens through quality relationships
When our rangatahi graduate our program we then focus on bridging the gap between unemployment and employment, then we transition into a pastoral care phase supporting our rangatahi.
Talent RISE deliver an innovative program for rangatahi who are NEET aged between 18-24 years.
To date our focus area has been within the wider Wellington region, our readiness to work program delivers the following to our rangatahi:
- Workshops in communication, health and safety and workplace ethics
- First aid certification
- Self/time management
- Overcoming travelling to work and accommodation barriers
- Financial literacy with AMP and BNZ
- Phone and workplace etiquette
- Health and wellness workshops including Te whare tapa whā
- Interview and CV preparation workshops
- Networking and building relationships
- Noho Marae
- Grooming and work attire with Dress for Success
- Mentoring, guidance and support
- Ongoing pastoral care
All of this content is delivered in our corporate environment. When our rangatahi graduate our Rangatahi Mahere Whakapakari Mahi program we then provide two weeks’ worth of work experience in a corporate environment.
Our goal is to empower and educate our rangatahi. Talent RISE is committed to bridge the gap between employment and unemployment. Since launching in New Zealand we have supported 15 young people in gaining employment with our clients as well as having impacted the lives of approximately 40 young people. With our future plans to soon expand into Auckland, we plan to impact more young lives in New Zealand.