Talent RISE began work in the UK in August 2018. Our application for charitable status was submitted in December in 2018 and is currently in processing.
In the interim we’re operating as part of Talent International (UK) Ltd and are already making an impact on young people’s lives in London.
We’ve engaged almost thirty young people through inspiring events and insight days, and have placed our first young person into sustained, meaningful employment within Talent International’s London office.
At the moment our work in London is focused in two main areas:
- Placing young people into sustained employment and work experience.
- Inspiring and upskilling young people through events, workshops and insight days.
Prior to placing young people into employment and work experience we assess them for overall work-readiness; provide strength-based coaching, advice and encouragement; help them to prepare and improve their CV’s and cover letters; and also undertake mock interviews.
We also support candidates to overcome any transport barriers involved in travelling to interview and during placement, and help them to obtain work-ready clothing, either directly or through referral to partners such as Dress for Success, Greater London.
Our work is only possible thanks to the incredible support of community partners, who refer young candidates to us, and organisations who provide placement opportunities and/or host or help to deliver events and workshops.
We’re always looking for new partners who want to support young people facing employment barriers. So, please get in touch, if:
- Your organisation is interested in providing a placement opportunity or in helping young people prepare for one through an event, workshop or insight day.
- You’re interested in coaching / mentoring young people, either on a personal basis or via your employer.
- Your organisation works with young people and can refer candidates who are already or almost work-ready.